GT Design & Marketing (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.scottishclothingonline.co.uk website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and strive to take the necessary steps to protect the privacy of website vistors/users.
We collect different types of information to provide and improve our service.
Samples of Data Collected
We may collect your information:
- when you make a purchase;
- when you contact us by email or phone
- when you browse and use our Sites
While using our Service or purchasing from our site, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
* Email address
* First name and last name
* Cookies and Usage Data
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Website
- to supply the services you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you
- to contact you, where necessary, concerning our services such as to resolve issues you may have with the App or our services.
Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
- create a record of your order(s);
- comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement to which we are subject
We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s
Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
* Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Use of Data
GT Design & Marketing site uses the collected data for various purposes:
* To provide and maintain the Service
* To notify you about changes to our Service
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
* To provide customer care and support
* To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
Retention of Data
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary.
Information that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in the ‘Use of my information’ section above, in line with our legitimate interest or for a period specifically required by applicable regulations or laws, such as retaining the information for regulatory reporting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information where we no longer require your information for the purposes collected.
Disclosure of Data
The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers located within the EU. We are very careful and transparent about who else your information is shared with.
We share your information with third party service providers. The types of third-party service providers whom we share your information with includes:
Payment providers (including online payment providers and fraud detection providers): for the purposes of providing services to us, for example when they process information such as credit card payments for us, provide support services to you or carry out fraud checks for us;
IT service providers (including cloud providers): for the purposes of data storage and analysis;
If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
We may also share your information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or regulatory requirement. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention;
- in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement;
- to protect our rights or others, including to prevent fraud; and
- with such third parties as we reasonably consider necessary in order to prevent crime, e.g. the police.
International transfers of data
In some cases, the personal data we collect from you might be processed outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“), such as the United States. These countries may not have the same protections for your personal data as the EEA has. However, we are obliged to ensure that the personal data that is processed by us and our suppliers outside of the EEA is protected in the same ways as it would be if it was processed within the EEA. There are therefore certain safeguards in place when your data is processed outside of the EEA.
We ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- your personal data is transferred to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- we use the EU approved Standard Contractual Clauses; and
- where your personal data is transferred to third-party providers based in the US, data may be transferred to them if they have self-certified under the Privacy Shield framework in relation to the type of data being transferred, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the EU and the US.
Please contact us using this LINK if you want further information on the countries to which personal data may be transferred and the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
GT Design & Marketing site may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* To comply with a legal obligation
* To protect and defend the rights or property of GT Design & Marketing site
* To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
* To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
* To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform
Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone on ++44(0)1355 232321
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.scottishclothingonline.co.uk/pages/contact-us